The Scratch competition for the Boys Medal Play Championship over 36 holes will take place on Friday 7th July 2017 under medal conditions and in accordance with local rules at Balmore Golf Club. Following the qualifying rounds from the 36 holes Medal Play, the top 8 scores will play in the Match Play Championship which will take place on Saturday 8th July and Sunday 9th July 2017 at Balmore Golf Club.
The Handicap competition will take place over the first 18 holes on Friday 7th July.
Congratulations to Lachlan Reynolds (Hilton Park) who won the Championship with a 36 hole total of 147. In second place was Liam Taylor (Bearsden) with a score of 149.
The 18 hole handicap competition was won by Jordan Smith (Clydebank & District), runner up was Callum McAteer (Clydebank & District)
Lachlan Reynolds being presented with the trophy by DGU President Alan Bell.
Full set of results Boys Strokeplay Scores
The CSS in the first round was 67 and in the second round was 66.
Boys Matchplay Championship
Congratulations to Lachlan Reynolds (Hilton Park) who defeated Kyle Murphy (Clydebank & District) in the final at Balmore Golf Club.
Lachlan being presented with the Matchplay trophy by DGU President Alan Bell.
Information and Conditions of Competitions
- The event is open to bona-fide junior members of clubs within the County under the age of 18 on 1st January 2017 having a CONGU handicap of 24 or less.
- Total Entry Fee of £10. Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility.
- Entries must be returned no later than Sunday 25th June 2017 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £10, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be scratch, handicap and age group prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie for the prizes the winners will be the players with the best scratch or nett return as appropriate over the last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1). No player may win more than one individual prize.
- The use of distance measuring devices is permitted.
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of Balmore Golf Club.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 0141 943 0037 – Email: email@example.com
Frank Gloag DGU Championship Convenor – Tel 07810563047
Enter Event Online (Cost £10):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.