The Scratch & Handicap competition for the Boys Medal Play Championship over 36 holes will take place on Wednesday 18th July 2018 under medal conditions and in accordance with local rules at Clober Golf Club. Following the qualifying rounds from the 36 holes Medal Play, the top 8 scratch scores will play in the Match Play Championship which will take place on Thursday 19th July and Friday 20th July 2018 at Clober Golf Club.
The Handicap competition will take place over the first 18 holes on Wednesday 18th July.
Information and Conditions of Competitions
- The event is open to bona-fide junior members of clubs within the County under the age of 18 on 1st January 2018 having a CONGU handicap of 28 or less.
- Total Entry Fee of £10. Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility. No refunds will be made after the draw has been published.
- Entries must be returned no later than Sunday 8th July 2018 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £10, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, www.dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be scratch and handicap prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie for the prizes the winners will be the players with the best scratch or net return as appropriate over the last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1). No player may win more than one individual prize.
- The use of distance measuring devices is permitted.
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of Clober Golf Club.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 07740 141176 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter Event Online (Cost £10):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.