The Scratch Competition for the Medal Play Championship will take place on Sunday 1st July 2018 over 36 holes, under medal conditions and in accordance with local rules at Clydebank & District Golf Club. Following the qualifying rounds from the Medal Play, the Match Play Championship will be take place at Clydebank & District Golf Club. The last 16 ties will be played on the evening of Monday 2nd July, the quarter finals in the evening of Tuesday 3rd July, the semi-finals in the morning of Sunday 8th July with the final in the afternoon of Sunday 8th July.
(COUNTING COMPETITION FOR THE DGU 2018 ORDER OF MERIT)
Information and Conditions of Competitions
- Medal Play Championship – Individual scratch competition over 36 holes
- Match Play Championship – Top 16 from Medal Play go forward to Knock- out.
- Team Championship for the Wylie Trophy – Lowest 72 hole aggregate, 2 out of 3 scores counting, highest scores from morning and afternoon rounds being discarded. The Scottish Club Championship will be played at a venue and date to be advised.
- The event is open to bona-fide member of clubs within the County having a CONGU handicap of 10 or less. For this event entrants will be accepted under the age of 18 provided they hold a CONGU handicap of 5 or less. The Entry will be limited to 81 players and the Championship Committee reserve the right to return the entries of the highest handicap entrants.
- Total Entry Fee of £20 for Medal/Match Play Championships.Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility.
- Entry Fee £15 for the Team Championship to be paid by Club who are asked to nominate 3 players who have entered Medal Play Championship as their team.
- Entries must be returned no later than Wednesday 20th June 2018 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £20, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie for the Medal Play Championship and other places the best second round score will decide and if still a tie then the best last nine holes and son on (9,6,3,1)
- Any dispute will be referred to the Executive whose decision will be final
- The use of distance measuring devices is permitted.
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of the host clubs.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 07740 141176 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter Event Online (Cost £20):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.