The 2017 DGU Junior Interclub Knockout Tournament draw is on the link below.
JUNIOR INTER CLUB KNOCK-OUT 2017 – RULES
- A copy of the draw together with a list of all contact details as provided by the participating clubs will be sent to clubs.
- The first named club in each tie is the challenger and must offer three dates one of which to be at a weekend, i.e. Saturday/Sunday. The onus is on the challenger to make contact with their opponent within 5-7 days of the first round or subsequent draws from the time that they are published on the DGU website. Any challenger failing to do so will forfeit the tie.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of each tie to notify the result to Frank Gloag (Championship Convener) Telephone 07810563047 or email@example.com without delay and certainly no later than 48 hours following completion date of the round to enable prompt update of the website. As we shall now be utilising same much more than before it should be noted that no extensions will be granted. Any result not notified accordingly will see both teams eliminated from the competition.
- Teams to comprise eight players all of whom must be under eighteen years of age on 1st January 2017.
- The games will be played on a scratch basis comprising 2 foursomes and 4 singles format.
- Team sheets to be exchanged prior to commencement of play.
- In the event of a match finishing in a tie, each team will select a player to play in a sudden deathplay-off to decide the overall match winner.
- All matches to be played under the Rules of Golf as adjusted by any local and temporary local rules as may apply on the day, using medal tees.
- The use of artificial measuring devices is permitted for DGU events.
- No player can play for more than one club in any season.
- In the event of abandonment due to weather conditions the match will be decided on results of completed games played at the time of abandonment. If no games are completed the match will be replayed at the earliest possible date as agreed between the Junior Conveners and DGU Officials.
- The final will be played at Milngavie Golf Club on Saturday 30st September 2017
- Dumbartonshire Golf Union will contribute £30 towards catering costs of each match on receipt of an account from the home club( claims to be sent to Billy Hannah, DGU Treasurer, 3 Orchardfield, Lenzie Glasgow GG66 5QW)