The 2018 DGU Handicap Players Tournament draw is available here.
RULES FOR HANDICAP PLAYERS TOURNAMENT 2018
- A copy of the draw together with a list of all contact details as provided by the participating clubs will be sent to competitors.
- The first named in each tie is the challenger and must offer three dates, one of which to be at a weekend, i.e. Saturday/Sunday. The onus is on the challenger to make contact with their opponent within 5-7 days of the first round or subsequent draws from the time they are published on the DGU website. Any challenger failing to do so will forfeit the tie.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of each tie to notify the result to John Struthers (DGU Secretary) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 07740 141176 without delay and certainly no later than 48 hours following completion date of the round to enable prompt update of the website. It should be noted that no extensions to completetion dates will be granted. Any result not notified accordingly will see both players eliminated from the competition.
- The rules of golf, adjusted by any local and temporary local rules, will apply and all ties will be played off medal tees. This is a handicap competition with full handicap allowance applying. In the event of a match finishing all square extra holes must be played in order to determine the winner.
- The use of artificial measuring devices is permitted for DGU events.
- The final will be played at Lenzie Golf Club on Saturday 29st September 2018.