The Scratch & Handicap competition for the Boys Medal Play Championship over 18 holes will take place on Friday 9th August 2019 at Douglas Park Golf Club. Following the qualifying rounds from the 18 holes Medal Play, the top 8 scratch scores will play in the Match Play Championship which will take place on Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th August at Douglas Park Golf Club.
Congratulations to Jack Pike (Clober) who won the Boys Strokeplay Championship at Douglas Park with a 2 over par 71. In second place, one shot behind, was Scott Souter (Douglas Park).
Congratulations to Callum McAteer (Clydebank & District) who won a very closely contested final against Scott Souter (Douglas Park). In a match played in very wet conditions the scoring of both players was excellent. It was a tight game throughout with never more than 2 holes in it and only 3 halved holes in the entire match. As they stood on the 17th, Scott had just won 2 holes to bring the match back to all square. At the 17th tee, Callum hit his tee shot to 5 feet and holed the birdie putt to go 1 up. At the 18th Scott just missed out on his birdie putt whilst Callum calmly holed his 20 foot putt for another birdie and claim a 2 hole victory.
Information and Terms of the Competition
- The event is open to junior members of clubs within the Area under the age of 18 on 1st January 2019 having a CONGU handicap of 28 or less.
- Total Entry Fee of £5. Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility. No refunds will be made after the draw has been published.
- Entries must be returned no later than Wednesday 31st July 2019 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £5, cheques should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, www.dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be scratch and handicap prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive. In the event of a tie for the prizes the winners will be the players with the best scratch or net return as appropriate over the last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1). No player may win more than one individual prize.
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of Douglas Park Golf Club.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 07740 141176 – Email: email@example.com
Enter Event Online (Cost £5):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.
If the on-line entry fails, please e-mail the players details to: firstname.lastname@example.org