The Spring Meeting will take place on Saturday 4th May 2019 over 18 holes under medal play conditions at Dumbarton Golf Club.
The draw for the 1st round of the Handicap knockout at Hilton Park Golf Club on Tuesday 28th June is available here;
The top 8 players will qualify for the Handicap Matchplay Championship which will take place at Hilton Park Golf Club. The quarter finals will be played in the evening of Tuesday 28th May, the semi-finals in the evening of Thursday 30th May with the final in the evening of Friday 31st May.
Information and Terms of Competition:-
- Handicap Competition – This is an individual event with a CONGU handicap limit of 24.
- Entry Fee of £10.00 payable before the closing date. Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility.
- Entries must be returned no later than Wednesday 24th April 2019 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £10, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time.
- Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- The Entry will be limited to 50 players and the Championship Committee reserve the right to return the entries of the highest handicap entrants.
- The event is open to bona-fide member of clubs within the County having a CONGU handicap of 24 or less. For this event entrants will be accepted under the age of 18 provided they hold a CONGU handicap of 5 or less.
- There will be handicap prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie the winners will be the players with the best scratch or net return as appropriate over the last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1). No player may win more than one individual prize.
- Any dispute will be referred to the Executive whose decision will be final.
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of Dumbarton Golf Club.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 07740 141176 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter Event Online (Cost £10):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.