The first round of the Medal Play Championship will take place on Saturday 2nd May 2020. The top 30 scratch scores will qualify for the second round of the Medal Play Championship on Sunday 10th May 2020 at Douglas Park Golf Club.
Following the qualifying rounds from the Medal Play, the Match Play Championship will be take place at Balmore Golf Club with the top 16 scratch scores over the 36 holes qualifying. The last 16 ties will be played on the evening of Monday 11th May, the quarter finals in the evening of Tuesday 12th May, the semi-finals in the evening of Thursday 14th May with the final in the evening of Friday 15th May.
(COUNTING COMPETITION FOR THE DGU 2020 ORDER OF MERIT)
Information and Terms of the Competition
Medal Play Championship – 36 holes Scratch Competition
- Match Play Championship – Top 16 from Medal Play go forward to knock-out.
- The event is open to members of clubs within the Area having a CONGU handicap of 10 or less. For this event entrants will be accepted under the age of 18 provided they hold a CONGU handicap of 5 or less.
- Total Entry Fee of £20 for Medal/Match Play Championships.Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form. Alternatively entry forms can be obtained from your club or by downloading a PDF version from the website. Those entering online can pay using the PayPal facility. No refunds will be made after the draw has been published.
- Entries must be returned no later than Wednesday 22nd April 2020 to John Struthers, DGU Secretary, 8 Alston Gardens, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RZ, together with the entry fee of £20, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Dumbartonshire Golf Union (do not send cash by post). The draw will be posted on the website, dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be scratch prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie for the Medal Play Championship and other places the best second round score will decide and if still a tie then the best last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1)
- Any dispute will be referred to the Executive whose decision will be final
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of the host clubs.
John Struthers DGU Secretary – Tel: 07740 141176 – Email: email@example.com
Enter Event Online (Cost £20):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition can be made online using the PayPal facilities available on this site. The PayPal button appears on the website once the completed entry form has been sent. If you prefer you can make payment in the more traditional ways. Please see the competitions details page for more information.