The Stroke Play Championship will take place on Sunday 29th August 2021 at Windyhill Golf Club over 36 holes. Tee times will be from 8.00am-10.30am and from 1.00pm – 3.30pm.
Following the qualifying rounds from the Stroke Play, the Match Play Championship will be take place with the top 8 scratch scores from the strokeplay championship. Dates and venues for the matchplay will be determined nearer the time.
(COUNTING COMPETITION FOR THE DGU 2021 ORDER OF MERIT)
Information and Terms of the Competition
Stroke Play Championship – 36 holes Scratch Competition
- Match Play Championship – Top 8 from Stroke Play go forward to knock-out.
- The event is open to members of clubs within the Area having a handicap index of 10 or less. For this event entrants will be accepted under the age of 18 provided they hold a handicap index of 5 or less.
- Total Entry Fee of £20 for Stroke/Match Play Championships.Entry can be made online by completing the online entry form.
- Entries must be made no later than Friday 20th August 2021. The draw will be posted on the website, dgu.org.uk, notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- There will be scratch prizes, the number and value of which will be at the discretion of the Executive, having regard to the number of competitors, equality of score and any other significant factor. In the event of a tie for the Stroke Play Championship and other places the best second round score will decide and if still a tie then the best last nine holes and so on (9,6,3,1)
- Any dispute will be referred to the Executive whose decision will be final
- Competitors are required to observe the dress rules of Windyhill Golf Club.
Enter Event Online (Cost £20):
Please ensure that you have read the Competition details page to confirm your eligibility for the competition. Payment for the competition will be collected at the event.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]