The following Terms of the Competition will apply to all DGU competitions in 2023:-
- Entries must be made no later than the closing dates for each competition. The draw will be posted on the website, www.dgu.org.uk, and notification will be sent to each individual player by email advising him of his starting time. Competitors are asked to book in at least 15 minutes before start time.
- The events are open to members of clubs within the DGU Area having a handicap index in the range specified for each competition. For the Gents events entrants will be accepted under the age of 18 provided they hold a handicap index of 9 or less.
- In the event of a tie for the winning positions or the last qualifying place (s) in the matchplay, a card countback will resolve any ties. The count back will be based on the lowest final round total and if still tied the gross score of the last 9 holes (or 6, 3 or 1). If
a tie still arises, the last 6, 3 or 1 hole(s) of the first 9 holes. If no decision is reached, a card play-off from hole 1 will apply, failing which; the winner will be decided by lot.
- In the matchplay competitions, each match will consist of 1 round of 18 holes played to a finish including any extra holes played in sequence to decide a winner.
- In Junior competitions, caddies are not permitted and spectators must not walk close to or speak to the players during play.
- In matchplay competitions, players consent to their contact details being shared with other competitors for the purpose of arranging matches.
- Any dispute will be referred to the Executive whose decision will be final.