Due to the high volume of entries this year’s competition has been split into two flights.
2022 Draw, flight 1
The draw for Flight 1 of the 2022 competition is available here. Junior Handicap Flight 1 Draw 2022. This will be updated as results come in.
2022 Draw, flight 2
The draw for Flight 2 of the 2022 competition is available here. Junior Handicap Flight 2 Draw 2022. This will be updated as results come in.
Terms of the Competition : JUNIOR HANDICAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2022
- A copy of the draw together with a list of all contact details as provided by the participating clubs will be sent to competitors.
- The first named in each tie is the challenger and must offer three dates, one of which is to be at a weekend, i.e. Saturday/Sunday. The onus is on the challenger to make contact with their opponent within 14 days of the first round being published on the DGU website and within 7 days of subsequent draws from the time they are published on the DGU website. Any challenger failing to do so will forfeit the tie.The first named player has home advantage but the tie can be switched if both players agree.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of each tie to notify the result to John Struthers (DGU Secretary) by e-mail to email@example.com or by text to 07740 141176 without delay and certainly no later than 48 hours following completion date of the round to enable prompt update of the website. It should be noted that no extensions to completion dates will be granted. Any result not notified accordingly will see both players eliminated from the competition.
- The rules of golf, adjusted by any local and temporary local rules, will apply and all ties will be played off yellow tees. This is a handicap competition and normal rules apply. In the event of a match finishing all square extra holes must be played in order to determine the winner.
- For singles match play the stroke allowance is 100% of the Course Handicap. In addition, if the players are playing from tees with different Course Ratings, the competitor playing over the higher rated course receives the difference in the CR values added to the Course Handicap after the application of the stroke allowance.
- The final is scheduled to be played at Kirkintilloch Golf Club on Saturday 10th September 2022 but may be changed to avoid finals of other competitions.